Medical Massage in Cary NC And Pain ReliefMassage Techniques Trusted by Medical Professionals
How Can We Help?
We commonly treat people whose conditions are associated with inflammation or soft tissue damage relating to:
- Cranial, Fascial, and Jaw (TMJ)
- Base of skull and Neck
- Neck and Shoulders
- Shoulder Joint
- Hands and Forearm
- Torso and Low Back
- Hip and Thigh
- Knee and Calves
- Feet and Ankles
How long will the results last and how soon will I start feeling better?
This depends on several factors:
- The severity of the condition that is being treated.
- How long the condition has existed before starting muscle therapy. A general rule of thumb is to receive one massage for every month you have had the condition.
- The frequency of the therapy, especially at the beginning of the therapy
- The general state of your health and your age
- Cooperation with following home care suggestions
How often should I visit massage therapy for my pain condition?
Do I need a physician’s referral to receive medical massage therapy?
How does medical massage differ from general therapeutic massage?
When hired, all of the licensed therapists at Hands on Health are qualified to perform therapeutic massage and relaxation massage. North Carolina’s massage therapy license requirements do not meet the requirements set forth by Hands on Health’s commitment to medical massage therapy. As a teaching practice, our therapists undergo extensive on-site training that involves supervision and one-on-one medical massage training sessions. They must demonstrate their competency in 4 categories:
- Treatment planning
- Positive client feedback and results
- Skilled application of specialized techniques. Neuromuscular therapy (NMT), trigger-point therapy (TrP), sports and orthopedic massage, deep muscle massage, and myofascial stretching are some of the more common treatment modalities associated with Medical Massage.
- Communicating with Allied Health Practitioners
Do you refer to other health care professionals?
What’s the difference between medical massage and physical therapy?
What’s the difference between medical massage and chiropractic medicine?
Should I be concerned about my neck and back pain that comes and goes?
Can massage therapy improve muscle tone and postural balance?
Do I have to have a pain condition to receive massage at your practice?
Is medical massage therapy painful?
Are there health benefits to relaxation massage?
Teaching You About YOU!
In addition to benefiting from the specificity of medical massage techniques in Cary NC, our clients are also more empowered by a greater understanding of why their bodies have tension and pain and how to minimize the impact of chronic and persistent pain on their daily lives.
Muscle pain is a signal that your body is stressed and these pain signals should not be ignored. Chronic muscle tension and soft tissue injury is often caused by postural distortions from past injuries, repetitive overuse of muscles, or habitual movement patterns. For example: we find that many of our clients suffer from muscle pain and tension in their neck and shoulders. Lifestyle factors like hanging their heads forward at the computer desk and sitting in one place for long periods of time “day in and day out ” cause this chronic build-up of tension.
Chronic tension from past muscular injuries such as whiplash also perpetuate pain patterns. If these lifestyle factors and muscle injuries are left uncorrected and ignored, a person risks more severe injury to his or her neck, shoulders and upper arms. Nerve impingement and numbing in the arm or hand, intervertebral disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis are examples of these preventable more severe conditions.
Medical Massage Rates
Our clients appreciate that rates are based on time rather than the type of massage they ask for or the technique employed by the therapist. We aim to maintain as much flexibility for you when booking appointments and for our team so that each of our therapists can call upon all healing skills their training allows. There are a few exceptions to our practice of uniform payment-by-time. These and other exceptions are highlighted on our rates page: Medicupping massage treatments, How-to classes, and Couples Massage sessions are priced higher.
Pain Relief & Medical Massage Sessions
- 30 Minute Session … $55.00
- 45 Minute Session … $70.00
- 60 Minute Session … $85.00
- 75 Minute Session … $105.00
- 90 Minute Session … $120.00
Medical Massage Savings*
- First time visitors save 20% off their first session of 60-min or longer.
- 60-min first time visitor price – $68
- 75-min first time visitor price – $84
- 90-min first time visitor price – $96
- Save 20% each time you visit when you purchase a package of five (5) sessions.
- If you submit to flex spending or an insurance company, please request an insurance receipt at checkout.
Medical Massage Cupping
- 60 Minute Session … $95.00
- 90 Minute Session … $130.00
*Service Terms and Conditions:
- How long you will receive massage on the table: At your first session, expect a longer consultation and for returning clients expect that 5-10 minutes of your chosen session time will include time for check in, check out, and consultation.
- 20% first visit offer is for appointments booked in-office and not applicable to home visits or off-site events.
- Because initial evaluations are often lengthier than later sessions, a 90-minute initial session is recommended (if available) for complicated medical massage cases.
- Share your savings packages with friends and family and help them get better and stay well! Packages are transferable but non-refundable. Gift Certificates & Packages expire after 1-year and value will decrease by 10% each year thereafter.
- Standard service rates and packages apply for Staff Therapists only and not for owners Tammy Campbell and Laura Landsiedel Ford. Appointments with owners are not eligible for discounts and will be charged at full price.
- Keep in touch by joining our NEWSLETTER LIST and FACEBOOK PAGE or stop in for one of our Drop In & Discover classes or workshops.
Medical massage therapists track and treat symptoms such as trigger points (radiating pain, tenderness resulting from ischemia (poor localized blood flow), drastic muscle tone imbalances (tension), and pain patterns during movement or remaining still).
Among other methods, our medical massage therapists have experience with Integrated Neuromuscular Massage Therapy. I-NMT is a treatment method that uses neuromuscular, myofascial therapy, and trigger point techniques in combination with a postural based treatment plan and client education. These techniques lead to long lasting results, often allowing our patients to avoid surgery and minimize the need for pain medication.
Achieving I-NMT competency requires a thorough knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, injury-specific treatment routines, and postural analysis. As a teaching practice, our visitors benefit from receiving treatments from massage therapists who are immersed in mentorship and supervision and side-by-side practical training. Experience the difference for yourself.
For more information regarding the I-NMT technique, visit website, Bodywork Seminars, a division of Hands On Health.
ABOUT HANDS ON HEALTH
We offer massage therapy for pain relief and restorative purposes. We help you get better and stay well. Get to know our team and how we can best serve you. We are proud to be your "Partners In Healing. Partners In Health."
Do you know us already? Then scheduling online is a great option. If you are new to Hands On Health, you can still try but keep in mind the only way we will know you are looking is if you call in the event you don't find what you are looking for. Hands On Health uses Booker.com to manage appointments and gift certificate purchases online. Quickly and easily see the appointment availability of all our therapists online.
SCHEDULE BY PHONE
Do you prefer scheduling your appointment over the phone with one of our helpful staff members? No problem. We'll gladly help you find a convenient appointment date and time that meet your needs. Call Us Today: 919.854.9555