I enjoy working with individuals who are looking to improve their access to and knowledge of self care. Many people who are seeking ways to stay healthy find that we therapists make a great resource for learning more body awareness and the benefits of bodywork for staying active and feeling fully alive. I also like to focus on addressing compensatory issues that develop when people are recovering from injuries, surgery, or the demands of life! My years in the orthotics field prior to repurposing my skills and joining the massage therapy profession have helped me key in to the orthopedic and functional aspects of bodywork. If you bring me your knee to take care of, I will not only address muscular issues associated with the knee, but I’ll address the hip muscles that may be causing the issue in the first place. My work doesn’t stop at the knee and hip, I’m happy to keep you feeling your best from head to toe.
- Certified in The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
- Massage practice includes Vacutherapy (medicupping) techniques
- Bilingual, traveled, and lived around the world. Experienced many cultures.
- Former professional ballerina. Very familiar with the aches, pains, and joys that sports can bring to one’s life.
- Home schooled her children. Private tutor for English as a second language.
- Certified group fitness instructor, namely in weight lifting.
- Editor for books translated into English.
- Educator with Bodywork Therapy Seminars. Denise instructs the Cupping Principles and Applications class.
- Assists Arvigo abdominal massage education classes with Donna Zubrod
- Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
- Massage and Bodywork certification from Miller-Motte College. Graduated Spring 2014
- Bodywork For The Childbearing Year with Kate Jordan. Infant massage, prenatal, pregnancy, and post natal massage.
- Medi-Cupping level 1 with Anita Shannon
- Reiki Level 1 with Dianne Willett
- Caregivers, Grief, and the Massage Therapist with Laura Landsiedel
The Arvigo Techniques Of Maya Abdominal Therapy
ABOUT THE ARVIGO TECHNIQUES OF MAYA ABDOMINAL THERAPY®
I am very excited and proud to offer the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®. This is a very powerful and comprehensive therapy that essentially empowers you, the client, to take your health into your own hands with self care which is taught during your first session.
“The uterus is a woman’s center. If it is out of balance, everything in her life will be physically, emotionally and spiritually out of balance.” ~ Don Elijio Panti. With so many maladies bombarding our body systems today, we have the ability take back our reproductive and digestive wellness by taking the first steps towards gaining more knowledge of our body and making better life choices. Many of my clients have been told “You have to live with the pain,” or “Aches and pains just come with being older” etc. I cannot accept this! Why are we forced to live with symptoms when the power to heal lies in our hands through a variety of means? I believe the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® should be an essential part of everyone’s wellness program, young and old, women, children, and men.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® also compliment my certifications in VacuTherapies (medicupping) and Bodywork for the Childbearing Year.
I initially visited Hands On Health to assist in a medical or pain condition.
Mid way through my pregnancy I experienced severe sciatica. I tried stretching and multiple visits to a chiropractor with little relief. I scheduled a massage with Denise. She dialed right in to my issue and spent the time communicating with me to really fix the problem. After 48 hours I was back to my old self and remained pain free with her maintenance suggestions and massages. She has been a true blessing during this pregancy.
~ Devon Miles
I came to Hands On Health 5 months ago due to severe chronic pain in my foot and shoulder caused by ongoing pain associated with plantar fasciaitis. Have received medical treatment for a year with little relief. Medicupping has greatly helped my pain and I highly recommend this treatment. I no longer take any pain meds and continue to improve. Denise is very professional and highly skilled. If you too suffer from pain, give this a try – you will be glad you did.
~ Angela Talton
Denise was excellent! Her attitude and knowledge was awesome! Very helpful! Outstanding people skills!
I initially went to a seminar put on by Hands On Health, called Massage for Abdominal & Reproductive Health. After the seminar, I talked with Denise Buslach to explain some of my abdominal symptoms to see if she thought that the massage would be beneficial. I set up an appointment with Denise and she taught me the Arvigo massage method while she performed the massage on me. The benefits were almost instant. After the massage, I was able to get some of the air/gas out of my abdomen. It felt so much better, as I usually felt like a balloon that was about to pop! I have continued doing the massage at home and see Denise every 3 weeks. I continue to see improvement in my abdominal distention.
I also have a large scar on my back that is very tight and itchy. Denise suggested that we try cupping to loosen up the scar and get more blood flow to that area. I have had a few cupping sessions and my scar is much looser and doesn’t itch anymore.
I can’t thank Denise enough for all of the help that she has given me. My quality of life has improved immensely. I look forward to seeing her every 3 weeks and continue to do my home massage, which continues to help with my abdominal distention. I am so happy that I went to that seminar and met Denise and the people at Hands On Health!
- 13 years as an Orthotist in the Orthotics and Prosthetics Field – fit custom orthopedic body braces and shoes