Jessica graduated in 2005 from Miller-Motte (Wilmington, NC) has been a therapist with Hands on Health since 2007. She received her BA in Exercise and Sports Science in December of 2015 in order to deepen her working knowledge of bodies in motion. Jessica enjoys working with athletes, pregnant women, and those suffering from “computer posture”. She became became proficient in medical massage by certifying as an Integrated Neuromuscular-Myofascial Therapist. I-NMT certification is a comprehensive program involving 100 additional classroom hours, case studies, written and practical exam. Jessica’s background includes experience in the fields of hospitality, childcare, and property management.
- BA in Exercise and Sport Science, UNC Chapel Hill, 2015
- I-NMT Thigh and Lower Extremity course assistant, 2010/2011
- Certified Pregnancy massage therapist – Nurturing the Mother Pregnancy Massage, 2011
- Certified Neuromuscular and Myofascial (I-NMT) therapist, 2010
- 200 CE hours:Course material included Anterior Neck/Internal Jaw, Lumbar and Pelvis, Thigh and Lower Extremity, Upper Extremity, Shoulder Mobilizers, Thoracic Outlet/Inlet, Rotator Cuff and Upper Extremity, Abdomen/Torso/Breath, Myofascial Release Treatments
- Medical Massage Cupping with Anita Shannon, 2008
- Massage Therapy Certification, Miller-Motte College 2005
Jessica at Hands On Health is fantastic! Not only do I feel so much better when I see her, she also explains what she is doing in such an easy to understand way. I feel like my body and I are on good terms again!
– Indyweek comment, Best of the Triangle, 2013
Jessica is an extremely gifted massage therapist. I expect a lot from a massage, being a hairstylist. I am on my feet, using my arms and shoulders constantly 40 hours a week, so I really require someone who knows their stuff and has strong hands to get in there and work out the kinks. Jessica does just that. When I leave a session with her, I feel like a new person, and most importantly, I feel that I have gotten what I paid for. I highly recommend Hands on Health and Jessica. Her expertise and customer service go above and beyond.
– April B.
I am at NC State on a sports scholarship and my coach sends me to Hands On Health when my muscles are injured. What I like about Jesse is how she specifically caters her massage to my sports injury needs. Recently I participated in Olympic Trials and was able to shave a significant amount of time off my event. I attribute my success to Jesse (and a lot of hard work on my part too!)
I was able to go in, explain what what is wrong, and she gave me a a couple of options as to how to address the problem. I had an hour≠ long treatment, and this morning I do feel better. I know it will take a bit of time to resolve my current injury, but I’m confident that Jessica will be able totake care of it.
– Christine G.
I have been seeing Jessica for several months for pain related to fibromyalgia and TMJ. She is an amazing, thorough, communicative therapist who tailors her sessions with me to address exactly what hurting me most at any particular visit. The support staff has been wonderful as well. I look forward to many more massages with her!
– Amanda W.
- Instructor for Cupping Principles & Applications via Bodywork Therapy Seminars
- I-NMT Thigh and Lower Extremity course assistant 2010/2011
Jessica has practiced at Hands On Health for 10 years.