Michelle’s background was originally in patient care, performing CT/MRI procedures for trauma, oncology, neurology, orthopedic, and gastroenterology patients. She also served as a Clinical Instructor for Radiologic Technology students in the hospital. Eventually she made a transition into Healthcare IT, problem solving and providing client support and management for medical and pharmaceutical organizations. She greatly missed patient care. It was after a mixed blessing of a cancer diagnosis in 2015 that she decided to go back to school to become a Massage Therapist, meeting her goal to give back and make a difference in the lives of others.
I enjoy working with a wide variety of people, but in particular I love working with people who are experiencing the impacts of modern life; sore shoulders, low back pain, neck issues, etc. Regardless whether those issues originate from computer usage or travel, hobbies, or even from existing medical conditions. It is exciting to co-create treatment plans that meet their goals. Being able to help a client better understand their body; bring ease and relief, and provide a supportive environment for that self-care journey is what I truly enjoy!
Favorite Quote: “Courage is found in unlikely places.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
- 2016 – Graduate of the Body Therapy Institute Massage Therapy Program in Siler City NC
- Medical University of South Carolina with a BS in Health Sciences, Charleston SC
- AS in Radiologic Technology from Trident Technical College, Charleston SC
- Massage Therapy Externship at Duke Integrative Medicine in Durham NC
- I have completed Healing Touch™ 1 (16 CEs)
- Healing Touch™ 2 (16 CEs)
- Currently working towards certification in Healing Touch™, which is a multi-year process.
- I-NMT: 12 CE Neuromuscular techniques training for Lumbar and Pelvis. Bodywork Therapy Seminars. Instructor: Laura Landsiedel Ford
- Swedish for relaxation, Therapeutic Modalities: Myofascial/Deep Tissue/Neuromuscular, Hydrotherapies: Hot Stone and hydrocollator pack applications
Michelle just joined the team! Be the first to welcome her aboard with a testimonial. Email us.
~ Your Name Here!
- Love learning about new modalities, techniques, and research that can better benefit my massage clients and my abilities as a Therapist
- Being a part of a dedicated team of professionals focused on the support and wellbeing of others
- I’m an abstract artist, working in acrylics and mixed media
- I love to travel, camp and hike
- I’m also an avid meditator