Medical Massage in Cary NC And Pain ReliefMassage Techniques Trusted by Medical Professionals
How Can We Help?
We commonly treat people whose conditions are associated with inflammation or soft tissue damage relating to:
- Cranial, Fascial, and Jaw (TMJ)
- Base of skull and Neck
- Neck and Shoulders
- Shoulder Joint
- Hands and Forearm
- Torso and Low Back
- Hip and Thigh
- Knee and Calves
- Feet and Ankles
How long will the results last and how soon will I start feeling better?
- The severity of the condition that is being treated.
- How long the condition has existed before starting muscle therapy. A general rule of thumb is to receive one massage for every month you have had the condition.
- The frequency of the therapy, especially at the beginning of the therapy
- The general state of your health and your age
- Cooperation with following home care suggestions
How often should I visit massage therapy for my pain condition?
Do I need a physician’s referral to receive medical massage therapy?
How does medical massage differ from general therapeutic massage?
- Treatment planning
- Positive client feedback and results
- Skilled application of specialized techniques. Neuromuscular therapy (NMT), trigger-point therapy (TrP), sports and orthopedic massage, deep muscle massage, and myofascial stretching are some of the more common treatment modalities associated with Medical Massage.
- Communicating with Allied Health Practitioners
Do you refer to other health care professionals?
What’s the difference between medical massage and physical therapy?
What’s the difference between medical massage and chiropractic medicine?
Should I be concerned about my neck and back pain that comes and goes?
Can massage therapy improve muscle tone and postural balance?
Do I have to have a pain condition to receive massage at your practice?
Is medical massage therapy painful?
Are there health benefits to relaxation massage?
Teaching You About YOU!
In addition to benefiting from the specificity of medical massage techniques in Cary NC, our clients are also more empowered by a greater understanding of why their bodies have tension and pain and how to minimize the impact of chronic and persistent pain on their daily lives.
Muscle pain is a signal that your body is stressed and these pain signals should not be ignored. Chronic muscle tension and soft tissue injury is often caused by postural distortions from past injuries, repetitive overuse of muscles, or habitual movement patterns. For example: we find that many of our clients suffer from muscle pain and tension in their neck and shoulders. Lifestyle factors like hanging their heads forward at the computer desk and sitting in one place for long periods of time “day in and day out ” cause this chronic build-up of tension.
Chronic tension from past muscular injuries such as whiplash also perpetuate pain patterns. If these lifestyle factors and muscle injuries are left uncorrected and ignored, a person risks more severe injury to his or her neck, shoulders and upper arms. Nerve impingement and numbing in the arm or hand, intervertebral disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis are examples of these preventable more severe conditions.
Medical Massage Rates
Our clients appreciate that rates are based on time rather than the type of massage they ask for or the technique employed by the therapist. We aim to maintain as much flexibility for you when booking appointments and for our team so that each of our therapists can call upon all healing skills their training allows. There are a few exceptions to our practice of uniform payment-by-time. These and other rate exceptions such as Medicupping massage treatments, How-to classes, and Couples Massage sessionsare highlighted below.
- 30 Minute Session … $55.00
- 45 Minute Session … $70.00
- 60 Minute Session … $85.00
- 75 Minute Session … $105.00
- 90 Minute Session … $120.00
- 60 Minute Session … $95.00
- 90 Minute Session … $130.00
- If you submit to flex spending, health savings, or an insurance company for reimbursement, please request an insurance receipt at checkout.
*Terms Of Service:
- How long you will receive massage on the table: At your first session, expect a longer consultation and for returning clients expect that 5-10 minutes of your chosen session time will include time for check in, check out, and consultation.
- Because initial evaluations are often lengthier than later sessions, a 90-minute initial session is recommended (if available) for complicated medical massage cases.
- Late Reservation Cancellation and No-Show: By booking this reservation you are committing to paying for the reservation even if you no-show or need to late cancel. We understand that committing to paying for something that you may not be able to attend can be difficult to accept. If this is the case for you, we recommend reserving same day appointments only and not booking ahead. Another option is to send a friend or family member in your place when you cannot attend. To avoid late charges notify us by 7:45pm Monday-Friday, 4:45pm Saturday (for Monday appointments), or prior to when the business closes for a holiday.
Stay in touch by joining our NEWSLETTER LIST and FACEBOOK PAGE or stop in for one of our Drop In & Discover classes or workshops.
Medical massage therapists track and treat symptoms such as trigger points (radiating pain, tenderness resulting from ischemia (poor localized blood flow), drastic muscle tone imbalances (tension), and pain patterns during movement or remaining still).
Among other methods, our medical massage therapists have experience with Integrated Neuromuscular Massage Therapy. I-NMT is a treatment method that uses neuromuscular, myofascial therapy, and trigger point techniques in combination with a postural based treatment plan and client education. These techniques lead to long lasting results, often allowing our patients to avoid surgery and minimize the need for pain medication.
Achieving I-NMT competency requires a thorough knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, injury-specific treatment routines, and postural analysis. As a teaching practice, our visitors benefit from receiving treatments from massage therapists who are immersed in mentorship and supervision and side-by-side practical training. Experience the difference for yourself.
For more information regarding the I-NMT technique, visit website, Bodywork Seminars, a division of Hands On Health.
ABOUT HANDS ON HEALTH
All massage and bodywork services are provided by North Carolina licensed massage and bodywork therapists.We offer massage therapy for pain relief and restorative purposes. We help you get better and stay well. Get to know our team and how we can best serve you. We are proud to be your "Partners In Healing. Partners In Health."
Do you know us already? Then scheduling online is a great option. If you are new to Hands On Health, you can still try but keep in mind the only way we will know you are looking is if you call in the event you don't find what you are looking for. Hands On Health uses Booker.com to manage appointments and gift certificate purchases online. Quickly and easily see the appointment availability of all our therapists online.
SCHEDULE BY PHONE
Do you prefer scheduling your appointment over the phone with one of our helpful staff members? No problem. We'll gladly help you find a convenient appointment date and time that meet your needs. Call Us Today: 919.854.9555
VISIT OUR WELLNESS CENTER
Hands On Health Massage Therapy & Wellness
7980 Chapel Hill Road Ste 125 Cary, NC 27513