Massage Therapist NC LMBT 17313
I practice massage therapy and reflexology to help my clients achieve whatever goals they have for themselves and to cope with the stressful world we live in. Bodywork and Footwork can encourage balance, improve flexibility, improve sleep, optimize performance and calm the mind- if I can share a fraction of that potential with people who need those results, I consider it a job well done. I’m honored to be included in the Hands on Health team, because of the high standard of professionalism and integrity that is practiced here. In my 15 years as a licensed professional, I’m extremely grateful to have had opportunities to work with people of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds and always aim to create an atmosphere of respect, comfort and compassion, for whomever is in need of relief on my table.
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida. I worked for several years as a Crime Intelligence Analyst for the Department of Children and Families in Florida. I was a police and fire dispatcher before that, in Cocoa, FL. I am an accomplished flute and saxophone player in concert band, marching band, and jazz band setting as well as being a member of the Space Coast Flute Orchestra for several years.
In my free time, you can find me with my wife and two young kiddos exploring parks, playgrounds, greenways, beaches, theme parks, concerts, and swimming pools. We love bicycling, dancing, swimming, and cooking all kinds of food.
My favorite quote:
“Sooner or later you’re going to realize, just as I did, that there’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”
- Reflexology instructor with Profound Therapies Workshops
- Massage therapy instructor with Southeastern College in Florida
- Professional Member of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
- Certified Member of the North Carolina Reflexology Association
- Professional Member of the Reflexology Association of America
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Under construction 9/4/2018. Here’s what we have so far. Links may be broken.
- BA in Psychology from University of Central Florida
- Massage Therapy Certification from Space Coast Health Institute
- Western Reflexology The Foot Whisperer Reflexology Institute (300 hrs);
- Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques Freedom From Pain Institute (22 hrs);
- Myofascial Techniques for the Extremities Pete Whitridge, LMT (18 hrs);
- Soft Tissue Orthopedic Modalities SOM Therapy and Associates (12 hrs);
- Neuromuscular Therapy by Jeremy Couture at Cortiva Institute (8 hrs);
- NMT for Golf and Tennis Elbow The Mind Body Connection (8 hrs)
- Zen Shiatsu Yogarishi Deolal Mahabir (12 hrs);
- Deep Tissue Therapies Bodyworker Seminars (8 hrs);
- Stretching and Massage Bodyworker Seminars (8 hrs);
- Sports Massage Therapy by Jeremy Couture at Cortiva Institute (8 hrs);
- Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Massage Whitney Lowe and Jan Schwartz (4 hrs);
- Prenatal Massage Kelly Dobson, LMT (8 hrs);
- BodyReading the Myofascial Meridians Thomas Myers at Anatomy Trains (2 hrs);
- Myofascial Techniques: Restoring Ankle Mobility and Stability at Advanced-Trainings.com (1 hr);
- Thai Foot Reflexology Summit Massage Educators (12 hrs);
- Integrative Reflexology Bodyworker Seminars (8.5 hrs);
- Asian Reflexology by Sage Dragonfly (8 hrs)
Be the first to recommend Tom and welcome him to the team!
- Absorbing all knowledge and skill related to massage therapy. I am glad to be with Hands On Health team because this means I’m surrounded by massage therapists who are passionate with purpose
- Swing Dance
- Spending quality time with my wife and children and most likely somewhere near a bicycle