Sports Massage in Cary NC for Optimal Performance and Injury PreventionMassage Therapists that Understand Your Sports Performance Needs
Professional athletes often ask if Hands On Health practitioners have experience working with their level of needs and schedule demands. YES. Our practitioners have experience working with Olympic athletes, Ironman competitors, professional golfers, professional and amateur sports teams, competitive weight lifters and boxers, and sprint and long distance runners. Please don’t hesitate to ask about each individual therapist’s experience. We will honestly match you with those therapists that are the best fit for your sports injury and performance needs.
A sports massage therapist in Cary NC understands the demands on the body that comes with the various stages of training, while maintaining a body in top performance.
They learn and apply techniques that vary with the stages of an athlete’s training. Between competitions, when optimal performance is less critical, their methods may be more intense to assist healing, improve, or maintain optimal joint and muscle function. In-season or when gearing up or down around events optimal performance is critical. The therapist shifts to techniques that aim to reduce fatigue, decrease the incidence of injury, decrease recovery time, and boost performance. Keep these benefits in mind and aim to receive an in-event, pre-event, or post event massage.
How Can We Help?
- Reduces post-event muscular fatigue and post-event recovery time;
- Reduces time needed to rest and repair between events;
- Helps prevent debilitating and recurrent injuries;
- Infuses tissue with fresh blood flow, enhancing cellular access to oxygen and nutrients;
- Provides “tissue wash”: pumping and flushing effect of compressive sports massage;
- Helps remove irritable byproducts of cellular metabolism from the tissues;
- Pre-event massage enhances event performance;
- Regular sports massage therapy in Cary NC during the chronic injury stage reduces injury repair time, softens and organizes scar tissue development, reduces opportunity for scar tissue to attach to adjacent muscular compartments and diminish muscle function;
- Assisted stretches help athletes achieve greater levels of tissue flexibility before or after an event.
Rates for Sports Massage and Injury Care
- 30 Minute Session … $55.00
- 45 Minute Session … $70.00
- 60 Minute Session … $85.00
- 75 Minute Session … $105.00
- 90 Minute Session … $120.00
Sports Massage Services and Rates Terms
- How long you will receive massage on the table: At your first session, expect a longer consultation and for returning clients expect that 5-10 minutes of your chosen session time will include time for check in, check out, and consultation.
- Because initial evaluations are often lengthier than later sessions, a 90-minute initial session is recommended (if available) for complicated medical massage cases.
- Gift Certificates expire after 1-year. Within one year of original expiration, you may request an extension to these terms but the request must be made in writing by email.
- No Shows and Late Cancellation Policy: By booking this reservation you are committing to paying for the reservation even if you no-show or need to late cancel. We understand that committing to paying for something that you may not be able to attend can be difficult to accept. If this is the case for you, we recommend reserving same day appointments only and not booking ahead. Another option is to send a friend or family member in your place when you cannot attend. To avoid late charges notify us by 7:45pm Monday-Friday, 4:45pm Saturday (for Monday appointments), or prior to when the business closes for a holiday.
Stay in touch by joining our NEWSLETTER LIST and FACEBOOK PAGE or stop in for one of our Drop In & Discover classes or workshops.
Sports Therapy: Stages of Training
Conditioning, endurance, strengthening, maintaining proficiency. There are no major competitive events in this stage.
May be transitioning from sedentary to increased activity and therefore may experience increased soreness, slower recovery times, and increased chance of injury for first two weeks.
Length of Stage:
Begins up to 16 weeks before major competitive events.
If athlete has not been sedentary for a long period, any massage technique is indicated. Applying rapid sports flush techniques in beginning of this stage will assist in transition from sedentary to increased activity levels. Deep tissue treatments are indicated.
Healing musculoskeletal injuries, connective tissue conditioning, treat areas of pain and inflexibility, speed recovery between training sessions.
Basketball athlete returns to conditioning after healed ankle injury. College Tennis player needs to prepare for next season’s team events.
Intensity Stage Training
Same as base training except the frequency and intensity of workouts increases. Team sports training begins.
May begin competing at this stage. Team positions being assigned.
Length of Stage:
Begins up to 8 weeks prior to competitive events.
Pre/post event and maintenance. In-event during competition.
Address problem areas.
Team training, coaching.
Freshening & Tapering Stage
Team workouts, tapered runs, more rest and recovery time between events than in intensity stage.
Length of Stage:
One week prior to an event.
No active therapy – some general deep tissue but nothing intense around joints. Some basic injury care with approval from sports medicine doctor.
Rapid recovery and restorative therapies. No deeply intense injury care treatments.
Competitive activities mixed with rest between events.
Length of Stage:
Week of the event.
Pre-event and full body sports massage techniques for rapid flush and jostle techniques for rapid recovery.
More time to address restricted areas of the body or to heal areas or injuries during the season.
Activities between seasons, playing other sports or occasional workouts or complete rest.
Length of Stage:
Active therapy as many times and length of treatment times per week as necessary to promote injury healing and maintain conditioning.
Who We Proudly Cheer
Cross Country Team
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT OR PURCHASE GIFT CERTIFICATES
ABOUT HANDS ON HEALTH
All massage and bodywork services are provided by North Carolina licensed massage and bodywork therapists.We offer massage therapy for pain relief and restorative purposes. We help you get better and stay well. Get to know our team and how we can best serve you. We are proud to be your "Partners In Healing. Partners In Health."
Do you know us already? Then scheduling online is a great option. If you are new to Hands On Health, you can still try but keep in mind the only way we will know you are looking is if you call in the event you don't find what you are looking for. Hands On Health uses Booker.com to manage appointments and gift certificate purchases online. Quickly and easily see the appointment availability of all our therapists online.
SCHEDULE BY PHONE
Do you prefer scheduling your appointment over the phone with one of our helpful staff members? No problem. We'll gladly help you find a convenient appointment date and time that meet your needs. Call Us Today: 919.854.9555
VISIT OUR WELLNESS CENTER
Hands On Health Massage Therapy & Wellness
7980 Chapel Hill Road Ste 125 Cary, NC 27513